Monday, April 18, 2011

nothin's gonna change my mind! (i'm travelin a different highway.)

nothin short of thaaankful.

Hey guess what. I'm leaving on a mission. Una semana from Wednesday.
I'm...going on a mission.
Finally.
I'm severely happy about it.

The last few months have been...crazy. Seriously, I'm nothing short of thaaankful. I had an awesome job at the perfect time, my hilarious wonderful family at home with me, dearest old friends from Kaysville, and of course my darlings an hour south in Provo.

I visited them (Provo darlings) this last week, and it was GREAT. (I missed some, but, that happens. I saw the majority, which was excellent.) I literally fell asleep in tears a few nights, so overjoyed for these darling people in my life.

Friends. Are such a blessing in life. (I'm not excluding my family in this, they're some of my top bffs, obviously. :) )

"Acts of a friend should result in self-improvement, better attitudes, self-reliance, comfort, consolation, self-respect, and better welfare. Certainly the word friend is misused if it is identified with a person who contributes to our delinquency, misery, and heartaches. When we make a man feel he is wanted, his whole attitude changes." -Elder Marvin J. Ashton

My friends have TOTES (hahha. totes.) done this for me.

I want to tell stories about how each of these great people I said seeyalater (not goodbye, NEVER goodbye) to this week effected my life, but then this blog would never end. I just have to tell you. Today I was watching the Faith in Christ video (if you haven't watched it, please do.) with my fam, and it made me think, Jesus Christ is our example in everything, and He was always such a good friend. He wasn't just a wonderful leader, and example, and brother and son, He was a wonderful friend. To so so sooo many people.
I want to always be that. (I mean, obviously I can't be nearly as good a friend as He was, but, that's what I aim to be, a good friend. yes.) I hope I have been. I will try to be better. I can't think of one time in my life that I've been having a hard time, and I haven't had a friend reach out and help me up. And Christ is always that friend. Oh man. I love the gospel. And The Church. And definitely my big brother Jesus Christ.

So, thanks. Friends. :)

Granted, this hug was definitely silly, (captured by Cass, haha thanks!aaaand my face is pink from laughter, not tears, DON'T worry) but. whudev. You think it's cute. I can tell.

(don't worry. this is not the end. i'm posting my address(es) friday.)

1 comment: