Friday, September 24, 2010

the goverment is lying....

i just did this little listy thingy on effbook, in which each participant must pick twenty of the most influential albums in their life.

i think, my distrust of authority and especially the government, leads back to my adoration of box car racer back in 7th grade.
cool beans.

jk. it really was interesting though, you should probably try it.

anyway. guess WHAT. i can BREATHE now(kinda). nothing makes me appreciate oxygen more than the lack of it. last ...thursday? evening, i started feeling a little ill. I assumed it was just because I was lacking in sleep--I'm really good at that, lacking in it, I mean--and didn't worry about it. Then the next day, was a GREAT birthday celebration, and my infirmity became a reality. But I didn't have any time for it. We went on a mountain drive, had a darling picnic, then a beautiful italian surprise dinner party, then a dance party, then a bike ride, then a movie, then a little sleep, then another mountain drive, then a walk down university avenue, then costa vida, then another walk, then a friendy chat, (in the middle of all of this, ratch got sick too, haha) then a little sleep, then church and meeting and meeting, then movie, then fireside, then dindin, ward prayer, a little sleep, class, work, dinner club, fhe, thennn....anyway, since rachie got here last wednesday, i've been having a ridiculous amount of fun, but i was sick during most of it.

WHICH. made me appreciate. good health. all i had was a cough and a stuffy head. and it was difficult to think, to talk, to eat, to sleep, to play, to move for very long, to stay awake, to learn...it was pathetic. i can't even imagine what it would be like to have a real limitation...like paralysis in my lower body. or no sight. or an auto immune disease.

i am grateful, for my healthy body. (disclaimer: i'm still a little sick. so don't expect my voice to sound cute. althoooough i'm pretty positive i'm no longer contagious, jon michael. holler. :) )

aren't we cute? (gracias por la foto, rrrubie.) i also, am grateful for best friendies.

2 comments:

  1. probably the cutest picture of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok. i wasn't going to comment about the picture at first because that would be vain. but...i can't help it!
    i love this picture so much. thanks rubie, for taking it. you are an expert photo-taker. it's just so wonderful. :)
    and i miss all of you a lot.
    love rachel

    ReplyDelete