Wednesday, June 30, 2010

on this, the last day of june.

tomorrow is officially the first day of the second half of [my] summer. in some ways, i knew exactly what this summer would be like. but then...i really am taken by surprise every day.

like.

i knew i'd be in the skyroom, probably. but i didn't know, until right before summer, it would be with dear dee dee. and porterrockwell, and janelle, kenna, jamie, adri, sam, and van. i didn't think it would be one of the best parts of the summer, honestly. it's so fun. and soooo hilarious. everyday. emily's psycho cannoncenter rubberband thief, the fish oil lemonade, the crush of a piano player, the foreigners at the carving station...every day is great. and feels a bit like a sitcom. haha. she might kill me, but here is my cohort through it all:
then, my awwwesome calling. i love. being fhe mom. and i love pretending we're a real family. our ward this summer has been GREAT about having super fun activies for fhe, and super high attendence. every week is a new little adventure. last week we went boating, which was ridiculously fun, it was the whole ward, and there's never any cliqueiness or unfriendliness, it's just super fun, and everyone's included.

this is me being a mother and one of my sons, PT, on the way back:

this week, we combined with uncle curtis and aunt whitney, and nick's family, a second cousin from another stake, and played water balloon vollleyball, which progressed into a water balloon fight, which progressed into a game of real volleyball. (our fhe activies are frequently way longer than planned, a result of all the wardly/familial love, which is great, haha) curtis, SPE, freddie, ry and i spent several hours filling them up, which honestly was just as much fun as the activity.

here's uncle curtis, looking good in spectacles:

i love the people in my summer of 2010.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Missy,
    How I miss those summer Mondays that I spent with my dear mother and my wonderful siblings. How this recount makes me yearn for Provo. Don't forget about me.
    Love,
    Ie Ling

    ReplyDelete